Here at Wag Central we set pups of all ages up to succeed!
When playmates and learning mates are of similar stature, instructors and owners can best tackle all things puppy. Using our carefully structured Wag Central model with lots of flavor from the Wag Personality Profile, as well as keeping classes small with a positive swing, our instructors can engage both pups and their owners to begin living life together, hand in paw.
- Contact us @ email@example.com or 203-377-1700 for our concierge new client registration
- Personality profiles recommended.
- All classes must be paid in full prior to attending.
- Missed classes can be made up with notice.
- No refunds after the first class.
- If classes are cancelled due to inclement weather, they will be rescheduled for the following week.
Any questions? Contact us directly at 203-377-1700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
With the focus on early unleashed and leashed socialization, our Wag pupster class with be an informative, playful and active journey covering responsible dog ownership, safety, thinking like a dog, house training, problem solving and of course fun! We are combining Pupster and Family Pupster classes. This class is recommended for pups in our Puppy Nursery Program.
- Pups best suited for this class are 8-16 weeks’ old
- Maximum 5 pups per class
- Help in puppy lounge with 2 owner limit (over 16 years old)
- Cost: $250 for 6-week course
- Day and Time: Saturdays 10AM-10:45AM OR Wednesdays 6pm – 6:45pm
Next Class: April 13th 2019- May 18th 2019
Manners and Leash Skills
Does your dog lunge at other dogs? Not sit nicely at the door and wait for it to be opened? Does your dog bark when the doorbell rings or when a stranger enters your house? Does your dog jump up on people? Then it sounds like our manners class might be perfect for you and your pup. And let’s add good leash skills to the mix since a well socialized pup needs to walk nicely on leash for many reasons, yet so many of our pups pull, jump, and react when a walk with your pup should be pleasurable. This class covers the multiple types of leashes and collars on the market, basic commands, tips, and strategies to shape your pup into a good walking and social companion. And due to Wag Central’s unique layout, real life can be simulated within our walls and outdoor spaces.
- Maximum 6 dogs per class
- Cost: $200 for 6-week course
- Drop in Option: $60 per session. (Must notify by 12pm on Tuesdays)
- Day and Time: Tuesdays 7-7:45pm
Next Class: April 2nd 2019- May 7th 2019
Let’s get down to business. We will cover additional basic commands with more distractions, get owners on track with speaking and thinking dog, practice focus, recall and stays, leash walking and celebrate the serious side of the human/dog relationship. New for this semester, we will be combining Pupster and Family Pupster classes.
- For pups 16 weeks and older
- Maximum of 6 pups per class
- Cost: $200 for 6-week course
- Day and Time: Saturdays 1-1:45PM OR Wednesdays 7pm -7:45pm (Subject to change)
Next Class: April 3rd 2019 – May 5th 2019 and April 13th 2019- May 18th 2019
Beyond the Basics
Has your pup graduated from Basic or Pupster and ready for a more advanced obedience class? Well then, Beyond the Basics will fit the bill. Adding on from the skills mastered in prior classes, pups will master longer waits, encounter more distractions, and due to our small class sizes personalization and tricks can be incorporated.
- For pups 6 months or older
- Cost: $200 for 6 week course
- Time: Thursdays 6 – 6:45pm and Saturdays 11am – 11:45am
Next Class: April 4th 2019 – May 5th and April 13th -May 18th 2019
Do you want a fun way to interact with your dog and keep them active during the cold months? Our Agility class can help, as we focus on introducing the obstacles of agility as well as handling skills in a positive way that is fun for both you and your dog. This class is open to dogs of any age with little or no dog agility experience. You and your dog will learn how to properly and safely perform tunnels, jumps and weave poles. We also work on development of control and confidence. All dogs entering agility must have a strong sit, stay, heel and come.
- Prerequisite: Basic Wag or Obedience Class
- Maximum 3 dogs per class
- Cost: $300 for 6-week class
- Drop in Option: $60 per session. (Must notify by 12pm on Thursdays and Saturdays)
- Day and Time: Thursdays 7-7:45 pm and Saturdays 2-3pm
Next Class: April 4th 2019 – May 5th and April 13th – May 18th 2019
Are you looking for a way to engage you dog in something more mentally stimulating and challenging? Look no further as Wag Central is proud to announce our new Nosework class. It is a fun and easy to learn for both your dog and yourself. Your dog will learn to use their natural instinct of smell to find hidden treats/smells in hidden places and lead you straight to them. You won’t believe how fun it is to watch your dogs light bulb come on in this low impact sport designed for all ages and for a high-level mental stimulation.
- Prerequisite: Basic Wag, Wag Pupster
- Maximum of 4 dogs per class
- Time: Tuesdays 6-6:45pm
- Cost: $300 per 6 week classes
- Drop in option $60 per session (Must advise by 12pm Tuesday)
Next Class: April 2nd – May 14th 2019
What You Need in Order to Participate in any of the above:
- Vaccines (Need to be given 3 days prior to coming in)
- Canine Influenza (Bivalent)
- Negative Fecal -6 months (Ova, Parasites and Giardia)
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to reach out to me at 774-280-1916 via text /call or through email at email@example.com.
Let’s Wag Safely:
- Please arrive at Wag no more than 10 minutes before your class. There will be ample time to enjoy the reception and retail areas after your class.
- Potty and clean up after your dog outside before each class on leash.
- Potty accidents while in the training rooms and park are not a problem, however for everyone’s safety please stop and be sure to inform the instructor so that the mess is addressed promptly.
- All dogs should be on leash while entering and moving from place to place within the facility. Please do not unleash your dog until you are instructed to do so by a Wag Team member.
Proof of vaccination must be received at least 3 days before your pup’s first day of class.
The following vaccinations are required for all dogs: Rabies, DHPP, Bordetella, Leptospirosis, and Canine Influenza (bivalent), and a negative fecal testing every 6 months for ova, parasites, and Giardia. Our concierge will be happy to handle this for you, contact our concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org, text us at 203-895-2752 or call us at 203-377-1700.