We offer coverage for work days, date nights, an hour here or there and everything in between. All daycare dogs will undergo a personality profile to ensure they are a good fit for Wag and vice versa. All daycare humans will need to submit a complete application packet for their dogs to join (including vaccination records, general information, emergency contact, etc.)*.
7 am – 12 pm: Morning Activities. Supervised play time within our indoor and outdoor spaces, reflecting your dogs play preferences groupings are big, small, and everything in between! Our unique play areas offer lots of stimulation; are off leash, and directed by our trained Wag Watchers.
12 pm – 2 pm: Rest time for dogs to recharge their batteries and give themselves a break. Stuffed kongs, bully sticks, no hides, antlers, and lunch can all be enjoyed during this time.
2 pm – Pick Up: Scheduled daily activities for your pup. Check our weekly schedule on your dog’s report card, our email blasts, and our Facebook page for all the fun and enriching activities Wag has to offer!
*All daycare and boarding dogs are required to wear a breakaway collar with a Wag Central tag at a one time cost of $20. We will keep the collar at Wag Central, for use during daycare and boarding.
*As a first introduction to Wag, all daycare and boarding dogs are required to meet with our trainer or daycare staff member to have a personality profile. This informal meeting is a fun way for us to get to know your dog. We’ll go through the usual information with you and you can brag about all the great things your dog can do, his likes or dislikes, how he likes to have fun, and what makes his tail wag! This assessment takes anywhere from a half an hour to an hour, and leaves all parties feeling good about what’s next to come, whether it be boarding, daycare, or play dates. Owner information, emergency contacts, required forms, and credit card to be kept on file will be collected at this time. Additionally, breakaway collars will be fitted, and to be ready for your dogs first visit.
Click here to learn more about our Puppy Nursery School option.
- Frequent group playtime
- Indoor/Outdoor play areas
- Daily Activities
- Fresh water/Treats and Lunch upon owner request
- Nursery room for puppies
- Retirement home setting for seniors
- Emailed Report Cards on Weekdays
- Personalized pictures texted to you throughout the day
Weekday Hours and Pricing
- Weekday (Monday – Friday) Hours – 7 am – 7 pm, extended pick up available before 8:30 pm for $15
- Weekday Stand Alone – Half day $30, Full day $38
- Weekday Package Full Day – 5 full days $181, 20 full days $646, expires in 3 months
Weekend Hours and Pricing
- Weekend (Saturday and Sunday) Hours – 10 am – 3 pm, extended pick up available before 8:30 pm
- Weekend Stand Alone – Full day $38, Extended day $50
- Weekend Package Full Day – 5 full days $181, 20 full days $646.
- Weekend Package Extended Day – 5 extended days $240, 20 extended days $850, expire in 6 months
Wag Central Boarding is focused on accommodating dogs of all shapes and sizes. Our state-of-the-art facility is non-traditional, non-fenced, staffed 24/7, and equipped with stylish and clean amenities for all overnight guests. Each room is private for your dog to catch some Zzzz’s, and includes the comforts of home, away from home.
We have different Dog House boarding options, depending on your dog and/or preference:
The NYC $55/night*
Stackable crates or community bunk room. Breeds like Miniature Pinscher, Jack Russell Terrier, Corgi). Weight Cut offs - no pups over 25 pounds.
Boston Bunk and Chicago Crib $55/night*
Private rooms to accommodate guests from 26-45 pounds. Breeds like Border Collie, Labradors, or English Bulldog.
Dallas Digs $55/night*
Private rooms to accommodate guests 46 pounds plus, or smaller dogs with Napoleon complexes. Breeds like Mastiffs, St. Bernards or multiple medium pups who like to share.
Vegas Villa $65/night*
Slumber party style sleeping quarters for dogs of all sizes. This room is only open to socialized dogs who have been screened and approved to keep the company of others through the night.
Boca Bungalows $75/night*
Private rooms to accommodate guests with specialized care needs including senior dogs, young puppies or dogs who need medical attention.
* Multiple 4-legged friends from the same family are able to sleep together for the night in these rooms. The charge of the first dog is the cost of the accommodation, plus any additional dogs will be charged the daily daycare fee of $38.
All daycare and boarding dogs are required to wear a breakaway collar with a Wag Central tag, this is a one time purchase of $20.
Need specialized boarding care? Learn about our options for hosting all kinds of dogs. Click here.
- Bedding and blanket
- Daycare in our play parks and outdoor play areas
- Individualized love and attention
- Outdoor potty breaks
- Wag your Way to Sleep – 10 minutes of special one-on-one belly rubs between boarding dog and Wag Central staff member $10
- Bedtime Snack – Wagaloo bakery treat before bed $3, a variety of choose are available sold at our retail boutique.
- Pre-Bed FaceTime with Human – FaceTime convo with a staff member and boarding dog $5
- Exit Bath – Complimentary after 5 nights of boarding, done morning of pick up
- Wag Play – 20 minutes of one-on-one playtime $10
- Wag U Review – 30 minute review of training skills while your pup is staying $15
- Wag Swim – 20 minute swim in our paddle pool $18
- Spa Options – Baths, nail care, grooms, brush outs, facials, and more available for all the comforts of home.
- Medication Administration
- Meal Services – Click here to learn more
Your dog not fit for daycare? No problem. We have a special Sweet Relief Program designed specifically for pups that prefer not to socialize with other dogs. They will be taken out 2 additional times per day for potty breaks, exercise, and one-on-one love & attention from our staff for a daily additional $10 charge.
Drop Off and Pick Up Times
Weekdays Monday – Friday
- Drop Offs: After 2pm
- Pick Ups: Before noon
*Additional daycare and late fee costs are associated outside of these times, rest assured we can accommodate your schedule!
Weekends Saturday + Sunday
- Drop Offs: 2pm – 3pm
- Pick Ups 10 am – 12 pm
*If you drop your dog off for boarding or pick your dog up past the allotted times, you will incur charges for daycare (full or half day depending on the amount of time spent).
Example, if you drop your dog off at 8 am the day of the reservation, you will be charged for a full day of daycare ($38) plus the night of boarding ($55) for that day total.
To reach our overnight staff in case of an emergency or for after hours contact please call 203.895.2752.
Whether your pooch is swimming, playing or laying by your side, Wag Central doesn’t neglect to show the humans some love too. We’ve created a cozy and comfy space for you to enjoy while you wait for your precious pup. This space isn’t just for waiting, feel free to come socialize your dog at the Wagaloo Café and coffee bar while spoiling him or her with a freshly baked treat or ice cream sundae.
The Wagaloo Café and Boutique are open to pre-screened and approved, leashed dogs only.
Treat your Pup to a Spa Day!
At the Wag Wellness Spa, we offer complete pet care from nose to tail. Whether your pooch needs a full bath and groom*, a de-shed, or just a simple nail trim, we offer many services to meet all of your grooming needs. Regular grooming can cut down on shedding, keep your dog clean, happy, and healthy.
- Bath Service – blueberry facial, shampoo, conditioner, nail trim and ear cleaning
- Haircut – full service bath plus a customized trim and style
*Before your favorite 4-legged friend comes for a wash please fax proof of the following vaccinations to ensure everyone health and safety: Bordetella (Kennel Cough), Distemper and Rabies.
- Teeth Brushing/Oral Gel $5
- Nose/Paw Balm $5
- Nail Polish $10
- Hair Dye $10
- Stencil Design $10
- Nail Trim/Grind $10
- De-Matting $15/hour
- De-Shedding $15
- De-Skunk Shampoo $15
- Flea/Tick Shampoo $10
- Color Enhancing Shampoo $10
Welcome to Wag University, where our positive approach to dog training helps both our two-legged and four-legged clients learn to speak dog, strategize on how to embark on life together, play together, trick out, exercise and collaborate about all things dog. Wag Central’s training style is unique in that our classes are small, our trainers are mighty, and we take into account the size, breed and age of your dog to make each class an enjoyable and educational experience. Our teaching philosophy is to set pups and their people up to succeed, and do so in a positive, rewarding manner.
We strive to make puppy training a fun and positive experience. Play mixed with instruction creates an environment for puppies to learn both socially and intellectually. At the same time, we are there to help puppy parents learn how to better understand their new pup and to create a relationship with their canine companions built on trust and open communication. We aim for setting your puppy up for success so they can become a relaxed, confident and well-behaved member of your family and society.
Wag University Offerings
- Basic Wag – Let’s get down to business. We will cover additional basic commands with more distractions, get owners on track with speaking and thinking dog, practice focus, recall and stays, leash walking and celebrate the serious side of the human/ dog relationship. New for this semester, we will be combining Pupster and Family Pupster classes.
- Wag High – Build a proper foundation for your pup when it comes to all things socially, both in your home and out. This class focuses on using a balanced reinforcement approach to prevent common pup issues like resource guarding, chewing, biting, jumping and crate training. We will also touch on significant life skills like grooming, socialization, feeding, toys and bones and exercising your pup.
- Leash Skills– A well socialized pup needs to walk nicely on leash for many reasons, yet so many of our pups pull, jump, and react when in this common situation which should be pleasurable. Held in our indoor and outdoor dog park, this class covers the multiple types of leashes and collars on the market, basic commands, tips, and strategies to shape your pup into a good walking and social companion. And due to Wag Central’s unique layout, real life can be simulated within our walls and outdoor spaces.
- Wag Refresh – Let’s face it, just like high school french gets forgotten, pups and their owners need a little refresher every now and then. This class offers a review of the basic commands, addresses socialization, safety, dog thinking and dog speak, and helps push the reset button in a positive and comfortable way. If you and your Wagger need to fill in some gaps then this is the class for you. Great for rescues or adoptees!
- Agility Fun – Fun playtime with training wrapped into one! Let’s burn some of your pup’s energy with a special focus on tunnels, jumps, hoops and balance.
- Wag Pupsters – With the focus on early unleashed and leashed socialization, our Wag Pupsters class will be an informative, playful, and active journey covering responsible dog ownership, safety, thinking like a dog, house training, problem solving and of course fun! New for this semester, we will be combining Pupster and Family Pupster classes. Recommended for pups in our Puppy Nursery Program.
- Intermediate Wag – Time to take it up a notch! We will review the basic commands, leash skills and recalls you have practiced with your pup, adding increasing levels of distractions, to test their focus; as well as presenting new challenges for both dogs and owners to overcome by working together.
- Puppy Swim – Puppies will slowly become acclimated to the Wag Paddle Pool, under the watchful eyes of the Wag Swim Coach
- Please contact Info@wagcentralct.com for more information on class start dates.
Click here to view our Mid-Summer 2018 Wag U Classes!
Here at Wag, we know that a well trained pup is a happy pup!
- Wednesday Specialized Daycare – Our trainers work one-on-one with your pup to help solve common and more complicated doggy dilemmas. $60
- Behavioral Consultations – One hour meetings with one of our trainers to help understand, diagnose, and set forth a plan to help correct unwanted behaviors. $85
- Private One-On-One Training – Following a behavioral consultation, we offer a package of six, 25 minute sessions, to follow up so that pups and owners can better understand each other.
Welcome to Wag Central’s Doggy Paddle Pool! We provide a 20 minute recreational swim period for your four-legged friend.
We start with a Wag Swim Quest to see if the pool is the place for your pooch. All dogs go through our Introductory Wag Swim Quest with a swim coach. In this private session, all four legged friends rinse off, go through a checklist with their owner, and get properly fitted into a life vest, which must be used until proven a strong swimmer.
After the Swim Quest, the Doggy Paddle Coach will recommend either assisted recreational swims to repeat positive exposure to the pool or unassisted swims which are geared to be recreational and playful, to help burn off energy and leave tails wagging*!
Swimming requirements: Rabies, DHPP, Leptospirosis, Bordetella, Canine Influenza Bivalent, and a negative fecal testing for ova, parasites, and Giardia.
Swimming may not be appropriate if you dog has:
- Heart or respiratory conditions
- Suffers from seizures
- An open wound or infection
Not all dogs can swim or enjoy to swim, Wag Central promotes an environment of fun and safety. If our staff senses that our pool is making your dog stressed or fearful, swim time will end immediately.
*Be sure to review the Paddle Pool Rules before swimming with us!
- Life vest or head collar for swim time
- Swim coach assistance on getting in the pool, out of the pool, and supervision during the session
- Enticing pool toys to maximize fun
- Post-pool dry and ear cleaning
- Wag Wash and Dry – After your pup swims, use our self wash for $5 off the standard Wag Wash prices.
- Wag Swim Quest : Complimentary
- Unassisted Swim Session: $35 each or 5 for $100
- Assisted Swim Class: $60 or 5 for $150
- Paddleboard or Boat Use – Assisted class fee from above, plus $15 per session
- Package of 5 Assisted Swims – $150
- Package of 5 Unassisted Swims – $100
- Relieves pressure on the joints and allows muscles to relax
- Strengthens and retrains muscles
- Strengthens and supports joints and ligaments
- Improves circulation
- Excellent cardiovascular exercise (20 minute swim = brisk 4 mile walk)
- Superior weight loss aid (in conjunction with proper diet)
- Resistance of the water increases range of motion
- Improves confidence, relieves anxiety, reduces stress
Rain, shine, snow or sleet, our indoor park offers an open and safe space for your dog to run, fetch, bark and wag, all year long. Tell your BFF to bring her dog along to meet for a play date or let your pup meet some new friends. Our paw-happy flooring ensures a safe and slip-free playing environment. Advanced cleaning technology ensures a clean park for all who bark. We are a social place for dogs and their people. We want you to come and have fun!
When you bring your pup to the Wag Central play park, you will get to witness firsthand what makes your dog wag the most. If you want to continue that excitement at home, all of our play park toys can be purchased in our boutique.
Does your pup prefer the company of you and an old faithful tennis ball? Not a problem. If this is your dog’s cup of kibble, we have a separate Fetch Lane area stocked with tennis balls, ball chuckers, and more to ensure your pooch is properly exercised and has a ball doing so!
Winter hours of the play park are 7 days a week 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
*No children under 16 years old are allowed in the play park. 16 and 17 year olds are allowed in the play park with a parent or guardian’s signature.
Play Park Includes
- An extra set of eyes with one of our Play Park Staff Members
- A plethora of toy options to bring joy to the pickiest of dogs
- Guaranteed wags and fun
Play Park + Fetch Lane Pricing
- Play Park– $18 for 45 minute session
- Fetch Lane– $8 per 15 minute time slot
Play Park Benefits
- Safe and fun for playtime all year round, regardless of the weather
- On average, dogs need about 30 minutes of physical exercise daily, our 45 minute time slot allots for dogs to get to know one another in our park then jump into play time
- Socialization with other dogs, humans, and new environments make for a well adjusted, friendly dog
Day at the dog park? Walk on the beach? Whether your dog is caked in mud or just ready for a bath, bring him to Wag Central for a Wag Wash*. Our self wash room offers 4 tubs and the ease and efficiency of 3 Davis ProPet washers.
Self Wash Pricing By Weight
- Dogs under 45 pounds – $25
- Dogs over 45 pounds – $35
*Before your favorite 4-legged friend comes for a wash please fax or email proof of the following vaccinations to ensure everyone health and safety: Bordetella (Kennel Cough), Distemper and Rabies.
Self Wash Includes
- All of your dog bathing essentials – warm water, hypoallergenic, sulfate free shampoo, high-velocity dryers
- Waist-high tubs and restraints
- 2 small tubs (48 inches), 1 large tub (60 inches), 1 large hydraulic, self lifting tub (60 inches)
- A variety of brushes for every coat type
- Easy-access ramps
- Happy Hoodie for ear safety and calming during dryer use
- Waterproof aprons
Self Wash Add-ons
- Nail trim $10
- Ear Cleaner $5
- Flea Shampoo $10
- De-Skunk Shampoo $15
Birthdays. Adoptaversaries. Bark Mitzvahs. Bachelor/bachelorettes. No occasion is too big or too small for a party here at Wag Central!
Come celebrate your 4-legged friend with us! Parties held on the weekend from 12:15 – 1:30pm
The Lounge – 1 hour 15 minutes, 10 dogs max, 20 people max, $175
A Wag Central team member will host your event and take your party from start to finish: send the invites, follow up with attendee vets to obtain records, plan the activities, keep the dogs active and having fun, help with photos, serve our special meatloaf cake, assist with gifts, goodie bags and more!
Wag Party Includes
- Dog-friendly cake
- Party hats
- Goodie bags
- Wag Frisbee for the birthday pup
Hail a cab! Our Wag Central Taxi service will pick up and drop off your 4-legged friends. Don’t have time to drop off or pick up your pup for daycare? Want your pooch to be waiting for you when you walk in the door after a long flight home? Too busy to take your dog to their veterinary appointment? We’ve got you covered!
In our Wag-on Taxi, specially outfitted for ultimate dog safety, we can take your dog to or from wherever you need them to go! Our dog-friendly drivers are good with humans too, and will be sure to greet you and your pet with a smile, and get them safely where they need to be.
We’re rolling out with a weekly daycare schedule, featuring a different town we will visit for pick ups Monday through Friday.
Weekly Wag-on Taxi will visit:
Mondays – Monroe
Tuesdays – Trumbull
Wednesdays – Westport
Thursdays – Fairfield
Fridays – Orange
Weekly Wag-on visits are $10 one way or $20 round trip for daycare clients. Buy 10 one way trips up front, and get the 11th free!
For our Boarding clients needing transportation service, we’ve got you covered too! Our taxi service will pick up, drop off or round trip your pup to and from Wag Central for $60 roundtrip.
The doctor is in! Literally. Our onsite Veterinarian can help you get the check-ups and treatment your dog needs to stay healthy and happy. We offer vaccines, wellness visits, lab work, check-ups, and more! Need your pup to see the vet while they’re boarding or in daycare? No problem. Want your pooch to get their annual exam when they get dropped off for grooming? Done and done.
Dr. Fleming is available Tuesday and Thursday mornings, as well as Saturday afternoons. In addition, we have two onsite Veterinary Technicians who are here daily to give Technician exams, administer medications and certain vaccinations, and are always in contact with Dr. Fleming should they need to call in the big guns.
Do you have a dog with specialized medical needs that is coming to spend the night? Check out our Therapeutic Care boarding. With trained medical staff overseeing your dog’s medications and overall health, you can go away feeling confident that your pup is getting the top-notch care they need and deserve!
Would you prefer to stick with your tried and true veterinarian? We get that! We’re happy to work alongside whomever you are most comfortable with caring for your dog. Whether it’s simply receiving up to date vaccine records from your veterinarian, or one of our technicians collaborating with them to make the best plan for your pup, we will do whatever you feel is the best thing for your pooch. We even offer a Taxi Service, so one of our staff members can take your dog to their veterinarian appointments for you!
Wag Central offers a unique retail experience for our 2-legged and 4-legged clients. Personally sourced and curated by our dog loving staff, we sell brands with missions we support.
The Wag Team knows the struggle of finding sturdy toys, that stand up to the toughest jaws. We are proud to offer a wide selection of toys for the gentlest to most extreme waggers. All of the toys our 4-legged clients enjoy throughout the facility (playpark, daycare, pool, etc.), we offer in our retail boutique so you can take the fun home!
In addition to toys, the retail boutique sells a variety of collar and leash options to support all 2-legged client preferences. Wag Central promotes living an active and fun lifestyle with your dog, indoors and out. We have a wide array of dog apparel and accessories for hikes or beach trips with your pups – including backpacks, tents, travel water bowls, etc.
- SLik Hound
- Planet Dog
- West Paw Design
- Tall Tails
- Outward Hound
- HedzUp Pets
- Earth Animal